At NACO / AIMC the protection of your privacy is important to us. That is why we have prepared this document to ensure you are aware of your rights and our commitment to your privacy. Under the Privacy Act there are 13 Australian Privacy Principles ("APP's"). These are rules that apply to both public and private sector organisations including National Association of Cinema Operators-Australasia / Australian International Movie Convention and which regulate the way in which we deal with your personal information. In this Policy the words "we", "our" or "us" means National Association of Cinema Operators-Australasia and our related entities.
2. Information we collect
- The type of personal information we collect includes:
- your name and contact details;
- identification details;
- payment and transaction details/ history;
- details/ history of preferences, interests and behaviour relating to transactions, products, services and activity with our digital services:
- your computer IP address when visiting our website;
- records of your communications and interactions with us, such as details of your previous dealings with us;
- financial information (e.g. for invoicing and payments of services, products or personal credit information when you make payments to us.
- our identity and how to contact us;
- that he or she can access the information;
- the purpose for which we have collected the information;
- the organisations or types of organisations that we usually disclose the information to;
- any law that requires particular information to be collected;
- the main consequences (if any) for the individual if all or part of the information is not provided; and
- whether any personal information is likely to be disclosed overseas, and if practicable, notify the recipient countries
3. How we collect information
- in any discussions we have with you whether in person or by telephone;
- through transactions you make with us e.g. making a booking, participating in a promotion, competition, registering for a survey; or using a related digital service;
- through customer feedback and survey forms;
- through our website or email server by way of 'cookies'. Cookies are small pieces of data that allow the website to remember something about you at a later time for example by storing information of how you use the site. You may configure the web browser to refuse or disable cookies.
- through our accounts and payments you make;
- through third parties, including companies running competitions on our behalf, our franchisees and our agents.
- in our ability to provide our services to customers;
- in our ability to keep you informed of company updates and services information;
- in our ability to respond to your inquiry or request.
4. How we use your personal information
- to assist you with queries;
- to process a booking or application that you have made;
- for surveys, direct marketing, promotions and competitions;
- to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of our website;
- to compose diagnostic and statistical information for our computer network;
- to facilitate our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of legal requirements and analysing our services and customer needs with a view to adopting new and/or improved services.
5. Direct Marketing
- When you provide your personal details to us, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes (for an indefinite period). Some personal information will be disclosed to an organisation or people that assist in our direct marketing, for example an external mail house.
- From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us and our related entities and our business partners, which we think may be of interest to you. When we contact you it may be by mail, telephone, email or SMS.
- Where we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, we will:
- allow you to 'opt out' or in other words, allow you to request not to receive direct marketing communications; and
- comply with a request by you to 'opt out' of receiving further communications within a reasonable time frame.
- We will only ever contact you if you have consented to direct marketing, and you can ask to be removed from our marketing lists at any time by directly contacting us.
6. The quality of your personal information
- We believe it is important to make sure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. To this end our staff have procedures to monitor some of your personal information.
- We also request that you contact us and tell us if any of your personal information has changed (e.g. your address) or if you believe that the personal information is inaccurate. After you advise us we can then update our records and ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up to date.
- You may contact us and request particulars of the personal information we hold about you, and whether that personal information needs to be amended or corrected in any way. You may contact our Privacy Officer on 07 3397 3304 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How we store and keep information secure
- We are committed to maintaining the highest level of security of our client(s) files and personal information. We hold personal information electronically and in hard copy form, both at our premises and with the assistance of our service providers.
- We use the following security measures to protect personal information:
- locked offices;
- locked files;
- passwords on all our computers;
- a firewall on our computer network, which is monitored; and
- virus protection software.
- We will keep personal information as long as we need it for the purposes in clause 3 of this policy, after which time we will destroy or de-identify the personal information. Otherwise we may keep personal information for any period required by law.
8. Disclosure of personal information
- We may disclose personal information to:
- a third party contractor who may be performing services for us which involves your personal information such as our mail house;
- any other party to which the law obliges us to.
- We may exchange your personal information with service providers engaged to assist with services including data processing, data analysis, online computing, printing, contact management, legal, accounting, business consulting, marketing, research, auditing, delivery, security and mailing services.
- We will not sell your personal information to marketing bodies without your consent.
9. Privacy queries, complaints and further information
Phone: 07 3397 3304 or
Post: PO Box 667, Stones Corner Qld 4120
- If you have any disputes or complaints, our privacy officer will attend to them and may request that you put your dispute or complaint in writing. Our privacy officer will investigate any dispute or complaint and respond to you within a reasonable time.
- For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992