The Society of Australian Cinema Pioneers is a not-for-profit association dedicated to the recognition of people who have worked within the Australian film industry.
Benefits of Membership
- Recognition of employment within the Australian cinema exhibition, distribution and production industries
- Regular social State gatherings of society members
- National Annual General Meeting and Anniversary dinner
- Complimentary cinema admission for member and a guest to nominated national and independent cinemas *conditions apply (please contact the National Honorary Secretary/Treasurer for a list of applicable cinemas and session exclusions)
Who is eligible for membership?
In order to qualify for membership, an applicant must satisfy their State Branch Committee that he or she has been engaged in the Film Industry;
1. As an employee or on his or her own behalf; and
2. on a regular permanent full time or part time basis or on a casual basis, where such engagement has been the person's principal vocation, principally in Australia over a period of 20 years at the time of his or her nomination for Membership of the Society and, in this regard, service in the Film Industry outside Australia may be taken into account in determining the period of service.
How much does it cost?
A once only application fee of $300 must accompany all applications for membership.
Who to contact for more information?
Further information on eligibility and membership application forms are available from the National Honorary Secretary/Treasurer or all State branch Presidents or via their website.
|National Honorary Secretary/Treasure||
|State President - NSW||
|State President - VIC||
|State President - QLD||
|State President - SA||
|State President - WA||
|State President - TAS||