The Society of Australian Cinema Pioneers is a not-for-profit association dedicated to the recognition of people who have worked within the Australian film industry. More information is available on their website.
Benefits of Membership
- Recognition of employment within the Australian cinema exhibition, distribution and production industries
- Regular social State gatherings of society members
- National Annual General Meeting and Anniversary dinner
- Complimentary cinema admission for member and a guest to nominated national and independent cinemas *conditions apply (please contact the National Honorary Secretary/Treasurer for a list of applicable cinemas and session exclusions)
Who is eligible for membership?
Persons who have been employed on a FULL TIME basis in:
- The Cinema Exhibition and/or Distribution Industry, or
- The Production of Motion Pictures for cinema exhibition
for a period of 20 years or more, and can provide proof of their service, will be eligible to apply for membership of The Society of Australian Cinema Pioneers.
(It should be noted though that the production of motion pictures, mini-series or commercials that are screened on television or are released on video of DVD, and are not shown in cinemas, is not to be taken into account when calculating the required 20 years full time employment in the cinema industry.)
All applicants are required to provide the names of two current members of The Society of Australian Cinema Pioneers who are able to verify the information contained in their applications.
How much does it cost?
A once only application fee of $200 must accompany all applications for membership.
Who to contact for more information?
Further information on eligibility and membership application forms are available from the National Honorary Secretary/Treasurer or all State branch Presidents or via their website.
|National Honorary Secretary/Treasurer||
|National President - 2014||
|State President - NSW||
|State President - VIC||
|State President - QLD||
|State President - SA||
|State President - WA||
|State President - TAS||